For spring break this year, we wanted to get away, but something drivable. We decided on the Great Smoky Mountains! We had heard things about Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, but had never been and decided to check it out for ourselves. We knew the weather would be warmer and there should be plenty of things to do.
On our way (and on our way back), we stopped at the infamous Buc-ee's for some lunch (and to see what everyone's been raving about). We were first timers! It was amazingly busy and we couldn't believe how many bathroom stalls and gas pumps they had! I was told we had to try the banana pudding and I'm glad we did! It did not disappoint.
We stayed at a cute cabin rental for the long weekend and we were able to take Oden with us! On the first full day there, we took him on a hike with us. He LOVED it.
I still can't believe this adventurous pup isn't with us anymore. I'm glad he was able to tag along on this family vacation. He was living his best life out there - hiking in the woods, hanging out on the big wraparound porch watching squirrels, and snoozing with us on the couch.
This was my view for most of the hike -- way behind the others. Hiking is not my thing.
But the views at the top sure are pretty.
That night, we tried out a mountain coaster - it was my favorite part of the trip!
We found Dolly's statue on our way back to the cabin.
I didn't get any pictures of the next full day there, but we enjoyed ziplining (we saw gorgeous views), checked out Gatlinburg, and explored the touristy areas before we had some bbq for dinner. It was a nice getaway as a family!

















No comments:
Post a Comment